Back to Careers
Director of Strategy
Team Whistle – comprising Whistle, Tiny Horse, New Form and Vertical Networks – is a global media company that’s changing the sports and entertainment game. We create and distribute engaging content experiences for today’s audiences, always playing in the positive and resonating with what’s relatable. Our premium scripted, unscripted and interactive shows, podcasts, music and merchandise are available on the social, audio and streaming platforms that matter most. For brands, sports leagues and media companies, we help them activate and engage consumers across the content ecosystem.
Tiny Horse is seeking an experienced Director of Strategy. This position will lead the strategy and communications planning practice for the organization, reporting directly to the General Manager.
- Manage a team of freelancers across brand strategy, communications strategy, and user experience.
- Provide cross-team mentorship and adjacent leadership, helping our whole team grow in strategic capabilities.
- Coach and motivate team members to consistently aspire to a level of excellence in our work. Identify and recommend external training opportunities.
- Establish new processes, whether custom fit for an individual client or uniform across multiple clients, in order to drive greater efficiencies.
- Build and maintain trust-based client relationships grounded in guidance and uncommon insight
- Proactively identify areas of need for client accounts and work with client services to expand accounts when there’s opportunity to provide meaningful additional value to clients
- Play a key role in supporting and actively participating in new business development needs (research, pitches, etc.)
- Serve as a thought leader internally for industry trends affecting existing and prospective clients’ industries
Brand Strategy & Communications Planning
- Build brand strategies, platforms, and language as required for clients and as needed for Tiny Horse and parent company, Team Whistle.
- Build communications strategies for various clients and campaigns, often from the ground up, with a focus on driving client business success.
- Use and analyze historical data and research to inform planning strategies.
- Apply solid understanding of audience profiling techniques, consumer habits and competitive analysis.
- Be the “voice of the customer” across all our work, being the champion of user experience.
- Lead any efforts across user experience for our client projects.
- 6-8 years’ experience working in digital marketing and/or strategy/communications planning
- 2+ years of experience managing a team
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills
- Must be highly organized and able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be a strategic thinker with strong client & project management skills
- Willingness to work additional hours and travel as needed
- Must be able to multi-task, problem solve, manage multiple timelines and work across functions
- Perform tactical tasks effectively and with minimal supervision
- Develops collaborative relationships with team members, displays clear communication and act proactively
We’re a small, smart, energetic team.
We value character, innovation, and intelligent, forward-thinking ideas.
We like working together and don’t expect anyone to have every answer…just to know how to find the answer.
We’re obsessed with the Enneagram.
We’re problem solvers who thrive with a problem others have called “unsolvable.”
We sit at the intersection of marketing and entertainment and it informs how we think about the marketing problems companies face today.
What we offer:
Work From Home Fridays (but right now, we're remote!)
Full Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision
The Latest Tech – MacBook, iPhone, etc.
Stocked Kitchen and Bar
Woof Woof (Dog-Friendly Office)